Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sweet Hair Malan

Nate thought the likelyhood of me actually posting on this blog ranked up there with me eating Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches---for those of you that don't know I have never eatten a PB&J or any other PB+ sandwich--- Anyhoo...I thought I would give it a shot and see if anyone notices that I wrote something down in response to all your threats.

Now what to write......I guess I could tell you about Malan's Milestone Monday. This past Monday was one of the rare days that Nate was home all day. My sister called and Malan felt like she needed to compete for my attention, so she started whining and following me around room to room upstairs. Then the thought popped into my head, "Why, today is a holiday-Nate is home. He can deal with Malan while I can sit out on the porch in peace and talk to my sister..." So I headed downstairs, called out to Nate to watch his kid while I talk on the phone. Ahhhh, relaxation.


At some point in the conversation I decided to return inside. I opened the front door to only discover I paid a steep price for that 10 mins. on the porch. I saw Malan alone in the living room sporting a new haircut. Apparently, when I went out the front door Nate was out the side door with our dog Milo, and Malan was left to occupy herself. Upon investigation I concluded that she went upstairs, climbed over the gate, opened the bathroom door, got a stool, used it to climb up on the sink, opened the medicine cabinet, got scissors, climbed down, cut her hair over the toilet-to avoid making a mess since she is a clean freak, put the scissors away, climbed over the gate, again and met me downstairs totally acting like nothing happened. Sneaky, sneaky, girl. I have to give her props that she kept it clean and managed to not stab herself in the eye, so I wouldn't have to throw down an UC co-pay. I am impressed how productive a two-year old can be when you give her a mere ten mins. of un-supervision. Next time I might just leave her alone in the side yard with a baggy and hope she cleans up all the dog poop for the day.


Now my kid looks terrible. On Monday I wanted to cry, but today I just laugh because now I have this awesome-ness to look at everyday.

8 comments:

The Albuquerque Sheps said...

I'm proud of you Patty for "leaving the dark side" and writing your first blog. Wow Malan. Cool doo!!! Parker needs a hair cut. When are you taking appointments.

The Albuquerque Sheps said...

? oh I forgot the question mark!

Kara said...

Yeah Patty! I knew you could do it! :) Anyways, I'm pretty sure that's a huge fear of mine that Rylee will cut her hair, or Jadyn's...

carrie said...

Malan is soooo funny! You sure have your hands full:) Kids are so funny......what would we do all day without them?

Amy said...

I was with Gena when she opened the picture text...I soo was there...Jaimie cut one of her ponytails when she was Malan's age. Ya...I cried! These are great memories. ehe!?! Love and miss ya....

Jan said...

Sweetness Patty! I knew you couldn't resist entering the blog-it-out therapy! You never cease to make me laugh.
At least it looks right in the middle! Consider it an inverted Mohawk!
I've been lucky enough to only find scissor damage on clothing - never hair. (Knock on wood)
So what is it about PB&J sandwiches?

The Palmer family said...

Sweet hair Malan! Oh man, that cracks me up! She'll look back at this picture and laugh, hopefully!

Be, Br, E and A said...

It looks to me like Malan was going for business in the front party in the back but ended up with Military down the middle party all over.