Monday, January 12, 2009

Sorry for not updating

For some time now Patty and I have not had a real table in our home. (5+ years) so we decided to hit up Craigslist to look for one and found this beauty for only $150 for all six chairs table and 3/4 inch glass top. It's amazing how much stuff there is on Craigslist when you live in an area with millions of people in it! We did not like the color though and it didn't match colors in our home so we decided to make a project out of it. This picture is taken in my lovely warehouse by the way. Sanding sucks by the way...not so much on the table with all the flat surfaces, but on the spindles of the chairs. I was thinking of doing this for a little extra fun money on the side and reselling it but like I said sanding sucks! And then after hours and hours and days we have the new color, yeah! Also the upholstered seat covers were gross and had multiple stains on them and then when we went to remove them we found that there was an even nastier seat cover under that which had just been covered up, kind of like what Lexington Place did with their paint jobs.








It was a pretty fun project but I don't think I want to do one like that for a while. We put in about $75 so we feel like we could have made it on an HGTV show, easy.

1 comment:

carrie said...

I'm very impressed. I loved the Lexington comparison:) Jeremiah said you might come visit? We would love it!