Wednesday, November 5, 2008

HERE'S TO YOU AND YOUR DISNEY CHARACTER KIDS' COSTUMES

Malan had a blast two nights in a row. The first night she didn't have the make-up on but we got to trick-or-treat on Main St. behind our house at several of the businesses. The next night when I started to dress her up she was yelling, "I'm so excited, I'm so excited!" and she started laughing because she couldn't contain herself. Then Patty was making a pointy nose out of some costume makeup kit and I asked Malan if she wanted a pointy nose too. I didn't even need to ask. We taught Malan how to cackle like a witch and cast spells so she was doing that when we were out trick-or-treating. We also got a couple of pumpkins to carve for a family home evening.
We thought it would be a fun activity to do with Malan but it didn't really turn out that way. Patty and I got way to into our carvings and totally left Malan out. It is sad but true. I carved the pirate ship and Patty did the scarecrow. In our defense we had a very crappy pumpkin carving tool kit.










5 comments:

Kara said...

That's just awesome! But i've gotta say that anything looks tame compared to Patty's burned face a few years ago...
Anyway, I heard rumor that you guys are coming back west for the holidays???

Stacy said...

Love the witch costumes! I also must say that your carving skills are definitely something to marvel at!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Excellent costumes! I love how Patty and Malan match. I would have loved to hear Malan's cackle!

The Albuquerque Sheps said...

Malan, is such a hoot. I love her. "I'm so excited" for the next time I get to see her. You guys are great. I miss you guys and love ya! Happy Thanksgiving!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Ummm, I think it's time for another update Nate!